Friday, April 18, 2014
What is an annotation ?
Annotation is a metadata that provides data or information about a program which is not a part of the program itself with no direct effect on the code it annotates.
Uses of annotation
- Information used by compiler : They can be used which carries special meaning to the compiler and helps in detecting any compile time errors.
- Deployment-time processing : They can be used by softwares, servers to generate codes, files and also to deploy codes as in case of servlets.
- Runtime processing : They can be used to carry information during runtime.
Annotations can be applied to declarations : declaration of classes, fields, methods etc. From Java 8, annotations can also be applied to use of types as below
- Class intance types
- implements clause
- throes exception declaration
Depending on the usage of annotation, the retention policy and target of an annotation declared is mentioned.Before we create our own annotaions, these two things must be kept in mind
- Retention Policy - There is an enum to define named RetentionPolicy. The constants are used to define how long the annotations should be retained. It has three values : SOURCE, CLASS, RUNTIME .
- Target - This is used to define which part of the program can be annotated with that particular annotation. There is an enum ElementType which has several constants PACKAGE, FIELD, METHOD, LOCAL_VARIABLE etc., to define which part should be targeted.
In our next tutorial we will deal with pre-defined annotations in java.
Today I will show you how you can implement Bankers algorithm in Java. The Banker's algorithm is a resource allocation and deadlock a...
------------------------- UPDATE ------------------------- I have updated the code on request of some followers so that they can directly...
--------------------UPDATE------------------- I have updated my post so that now it can detect IE 11. This modification was necessary as t...
Today I am going to show how to convert a postfix expression to an infix expression using stack in Java. In an earlier post here we ...
Today in this article I will tell you how to convert an infix expression to postfix expression using stack. This is an important applicat...
Today I am going to post a program that will be able to produce all the mColorings of a given graph G. What is mColoring : The problem st...
Today I am going to show you how you can generate and validate captcha. A CAPTCHA (an acronym for "Completely Automated Public Turin...
Today I will show you how to do 256bits AES encryption and decryption of a file in Java. You can write codes for AES - 128bits without d...
- ▼ April ( 6 )
- ► 2013 ( 28 )
- I am a student of BTech Computer Science Engineering from RCCIIT,Kolkata. I am a crazy lover of Java and wants to settle as a Java developer. I have a seven years Java experience with an application developer experience for 2 years. Recently from March 2012 I am a registered S40 app developer for Nokia and has corrected an app of them. I am currently writing blogs to encourage and grow interest in all those who don't know or learning Java.